IT Help Desk Technician
Division: Corporate Services
Location: Waller, Texas
The position is responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of all network systems, servers, computer workstations, and associated software, including a fully integrated ERP system. The position will support the Waller, TX facility as well as other domestic and international locations and will be the main point of contact for employees who are experiencing hardware or software issues or need assistance with the various platforms used.
- Configure, install, and maintain networks, servers, hardware, software, and operating systems across multiple companies
- Partner with company leadership and users to determine hardware, software, and systems specifications
- Facilitate the design, development and documentation of hardware, software and systems that support operational objectives
- Monitor system performance to ensure reliability of all systems. This will include reviewing error logs, conducting regular tests of system speed and reliability, and following up on issues reported by users. May also conduct routine system audits to assess security and stability, changing configuration to resolve issues or improve reliability.
- Help desk technical support for users with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software. Provide assistance, user training, and documentation for users. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone.
- Support a fully integrated ERP system, including technical and security setups, and custom report writing to include SQL queries and dashboards
- Coordinate with IT outsource firms to ensure customer support and IT projects run smoothly
- Document IT processes and structure to ensure stability and continuity
- Set up and launch complex hardware and software programs for automating labor entry, paperless systems, and streamlining manual processes
- Maintain master list of all software licenses, users, password security, and all related system access and controls. Set up and maintain all user accounts, security access rights,
and internal controls for all locations.
- Conduct system backups, security updates to prevent data loss and unauthorized system access
- Administration of the backend of the network architecture, including installing or updating network-wide antivirus programs or firewalls, configuring databases and access, and deploying server-side upgrades to enhance performance
- Implement disaster recovery/backup program and procedures
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Fundamental knowledge of networking principles, systems integration, and IT security protocols
- Strong communication and follow-up skills
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required
- Ability to train non-technical users in the use of new software for a variety of uses
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
- Proficient in Windows OS, Windows server, MS Office and familiar with Office 365
- Hands-on experience with setting up and maintaining Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, Firewalls/Network Security, Internet/Intranets, and System Storage Capacity for mid-size organizations in a manufacturing environment
Please email your résumé with a cover letter indicating which position you are interested in to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If TITAN does not have the job position you are currently looking for, we’d still love to hear from you. Send us an email with your resume, and we’ll keep it on file should a related job come available.